It's week #12 of my 2018 challenge to try one new whole-food plant-based (WFPB) recipe each week. I don't make a lot of desserts, but I was in the mood for chocolate and decided to give this one a try. It's quite delicious! I found it on Kris Carr's website. It's by Vanessa Labelle. You can get the recipe, and many more healthy recipe ideas, at kriscarr.com.
What I like about this recipe:
- It's chocolate! :)
- Rich flavor
- Light, smooth, and creamy texture
- Much healthier ingredients than regular chocolate pudding
- My kids loved it. (I didn't mention that it had an avocado in it, and they couldn't tell.)
What I ended up using/doing:
- One ripe avocado
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pitted dates (I used Medjool dates.)
- 1 1/4 cups almond or cashew milk (I like to make my own cashew milk by blending one cup of raw cashews [soaked in warm water for a couple hours, then drained] with 4 cups water in the Vitamix. It stores well in the refrigerator.)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
Mix the above ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate and enjoy!
This post was originally published on March 21, 2018.